Employment Law Attorneys in West Virginia
Protecting Your Rights to Wages & More
As an employee, you have legal rights and protections that shouldn't be violated, especially by your employer. If you're not being paid overtime, or you're being discriminated against at work for any of the following, you deserve to seek justice:
IIt's important that you call our team of lawyers at Persinger & Persinger, L.C. to represent your interests.
We understand that it may feel daunting to go up against your employer or company, given their size and the power they wield, which is why our employment law attorneys in West Virginia are here to support you. With us on your side, you'll never feel alone.
Types of Employment Law Cases
Employment law is an area of legal work that mediates the relationship between workers and employers, which can also include the government and labor unions.
Employees have certain rights that often are violated by employers, which include the right to be paid for the amount of hours they worked, the right to not be discriminated against, and more.
Common types of employment law cases our attorneys handle include:
- Wrongful termination: Employers reserve the right to fire employees for their performance, failure to adhere to company standards, and more, but it is illegal to fire an employee based on discrimination, retaliation, or because you refuse to engage in illegal activity.
- Wage and hour disputes: If your rights to legal compensation are being violated, you need to hire an employment lawyer. Common types of disputes include your employer paying you below minimum wage, or withholding a contracted bonus.
- Overtime pay disputes: State law requires that employers pay their employees for any overtime hours they’ve worked. If your overtime pay is being withheld, this is breaking the law.
- Employment discrimination: It is illegal to be treated differently or less than your coworkers based on factors including your race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, or disability.
- Harassment: In the workplace, you should be spending your time doing your work and not having to feel threatened or bothered by a coworker or employer harassing you.
Howard M. Persinger, Jr.
Howard "Mo" Persinger, III
Howard “Mo” Persinger, III has over 15 years of handling large, complex personal injury suits, as well as energy related cases and projects.Read More
Robin L. Adkins Phelps